If you suffer from this condition, you should know that nutrition plays a major role. It is important to avoid chocolate, coke, coffee, junk food, sugar, high-acid fruits and vegetables (lemon, grapefruit, tomatoes), red meat and dairy products. Hygiene must be strict. Everyday linen should be changed, and bed sheets every week. Sleep alone, and use only your towel, as well as tableware, so that you don’t contaminate the rest of the family. Symptoms can also be improved with medicinal plants.
Here are some herbal remedies for shingles:
1. To reduce itching, apply coconut oil or olive oil to the affected area, adding a few drops of mint oil or eucalyptus oil.
2. Aloe Vera juice works like a painkiller, it can relieve pain and also help to renew the skin.
3. Apply compresses with towels soaked in hot decoctions of basil and chamomile. Keep the compresses at least 20 minutes and repeat several times a day. This will lead to faster drying of the vesicles and removing the squeals, reducing the risk of a bacterial infection, as well as a significant decrease in pain.
4. The thyme bath helps a lot because this plant is a powerful antiviral.
5. Extremely good are the external applications with well crushed cabbage leaves alternating with clay.
6. Another method of getting rid of discomfort is to buffer the area with a solution obtained by combining a portion of apple vinegar with four parts of water. Or, you can dab the affected area with honey, baking soda solution, natural pear juice and a few drops of hydrogen peroxide.
Image Credits: Taosnews